The most road-like feel of any CycleOps trainer. In essence, it's a resistance unit encased in hydraulic fluid. Unlike the Mag's external variable resistance, on the Fluid 2 the harder you pedal, the hotter the fluid gets and the more resistance you experience. But there's more going on than just that: the Fluid 2 is designed with Power Band technology that makes the level of resistance also a function of cadence and gearing. The ranges of resistance you can potentially experience is unbelieveable -- it varies from 20 watts to 725 watts, all a function of your gearing and cadence. The Fluid 2 has a cooling mechanism built in to give tons of durability. And, like the Mag, the Fluid 2 easily folds up and comes with the Quick-Lock bike mount, a custom skewer, and a CTS climbing workout video sure to pain you greatly.
- Material: [body] aluminum
- Resistance: Power Band
- Foldable: yes
- Recommended Use: indoor training
- Manufacturer Warranty: lifetime
The CycleOps Fluid 2 Trainer is a great way to keep your legs in tip-top condition during the off season. While many cyclists dread the indoor training season, ensuring proper bike set up will make any workout more comfortable and enjoyable.
This trainer features a new larger flywheel with twice the inertia for an improved, road-like feel. The power-band technology offers the widest resistance range--from easy spins to lung-burning climbs--without ever touching the unit. The infinite resistance curve ensures increased wattage as you increase speed for realistic statistical analysis at the end of your ride. The Fluid 2 is surprisingly quiet, and the self-cooling mechanisms--including a patented fan design--keep the unit performing better, longer. Includes a training DVD to help keep you motivated during your indoor exercise.
- Trainer is a great way to keep your legs in tip-top condition during the off season
- New larger flywheel delivers twice the inertia for a road-like feel
- Power band technology offers a wide resistance range
- Infinite resistance curve ensures increased wattage as you increase speed
- Self-cooling mechanisms keep the unit performing better, longer