The diamondback century 1 is a bike that removes many of the barriers that keep people from discovering how great road riding can be. Our enhanced performance geometry utilizes a taller head tube, which puts you in a slightly more upright position than a traditional race bike. It's a seemingly small tweak, but you absolutely feel a big difference towards the end of a ride, when, hey, your neck and back don't hurt at all. We've equipped the century 1 with a 2x8 drivetrain and a high-quality mix of FSA and Shimano components that have just as much staying power as the century's frame. The 700x28c tires smooth out rough pavement and provide added stability compared to traditional skinny road tires.
- Lightweight, durable aluminum frame features enhance performance geometry to reduce fatigue
- Light, strong aluminum fork with steel steerer
- 16 speed drivetrain includes Shimano Claris components
- Tektro dual pivot caliper brakes
- Pedals included; limited lifetime warranty on the frame for as long as the original retail purchaser owns the bicycle