Bike Computer for Competing, Connecting and Navigating
- In-ride competitions through Garmin Connect™ segments
- On-road or off-road navigation and points of interest with preloaded Garmin Cycle Map
- Input a distance and choose from up to 3 round-trip ride options
- Instant uploads to Garmin Connect™ Mobile to analyze and share
- Connected features¹: incoming call and text alerts², live tracking, sending/receiving courses, social media sharing, weather
Whether you are riding to improve your own personal best or see where you stand against the pros, Edge 1000 lets you connect, compare and compete. Turn every ride into a race by competing on Garmin Connect segments and seeing real-time results on your Edge, including alerts for segment start and finish and leaderboard rankings. The segments feature keeps you motivated and helps you push for continual improvement.
Own the Road
Along with in-ride challenges and connected features, Edge 1000 offers advanced bike-specific navigation and mapping capabilities. The preloaded Garmin Cycle Map includes OSM (Open Street Map) content with routable road and bike paths, elevation data, points of interest and address search. Mapping data is stored onboard the Edge, so your access to navigation and performance capabilities isn’t dependent on cell coverage, and map updates are free.
Know Where to Go
Now you can explore more, on and off road, thanks to this device’s round-trip routing feature. Simply enter how far you want to ride, and Edge 1000 calculates up to 3 cycling-friendly routes. You can even review the elevation profiles before making your selection. It also offers a new route planner capability that allows you to create routes directly on the Edge 1000 using the map, POI and segments you’ve downloaded from Garmin Connect. Again, you can preview the elevation profile of your custom route before you roll. If you do get off course or want to end your ride sooner, Edge can always guide you back to start or calculate the most direct route and provide turn-by-turn directions to get you back.
At Your Fingertips
Edge 1000 features a 3-inch high-resolution color touchscreen display with dual orientation. It has an ambient light sensor that automatically adjusts the screen brightness to changing light conditions to improve visibility. Unlike your smartphone, the display is optimized to work with gloves and in the rain³. You can customize your training pages with up to 10 data fields and use activity profiles to allow for easy transitions when you switch cycling activity, such as road, mountain or touring.
Advanced Performance Analysis
Edge 1000 is compatible with ANT+™ sensors, including speed, cadence, heart rate and compatible weight scale. It’s the first Garmin bike computer that integrates with Shimano Di2 electronic shifting systems4 to display your current gear on the screen. Edge 1000 is also compatible with ANT+ power meters, including Vector™, our unique pedal-based power meter that measures total power, left/right balance and cadence. A preloaded power-based workout on Edge 1000 allows you to calculate your functional threshold power (FTP), from which you can base your power training zones. The 1000 offers a training calendar and is compatible with advanced workouts, which you can plan, schedule and upload from Garmin Connect.
When paired with your smartphone and the Garmin Connect™ Mobile app, Edge 1000 offers a suite of connected features, including live tracking, incoming call and text alerts, social media sharing, weather, wireless uploads and sending/receiving courses and segments. As soon as your ride is complete, the data can be automatically sent to Garmin Connect via Bluetooth® or Wi-Fi®. This lets you stay connected and instantly share the details of your ride with friends, family and social media contacts. LiveTrack allows your friends and family to follow your races and training activities in real time. Invite followers using email or social media, so they can view your live data on a Garmin Connect tracking page. Once they get your email invite, they can click to follow and see your stats and location on the map.
¹When paired with your Bluetooth® or Bluetooth Smart Ready phone; contact your service provider to verify if your phone is compatible. The Bluetooth word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, INC. Wi-Fi® is a registered trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance Corporation.
²iPhone® 4s or later. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
³Water-rated to IPX7; ANT+ wireless connectivity does not work underwater.
4Compatible with Shimano Di2 electronic shifting systems with Shimano D-Fly Data Management function.
- Large 3.0" Display - See what you need with ease, and stay focused on the road ahead. Edge 1000 uses a glove-friendly, touchscreen Display that adjusts automatically for low-light areas, such as shade and tunnels
- Segments - Turn every ride into a race by competing on Garmin Connect Segments and seeing Real-time results on your Edge 1000, including alerts for segment start and finish and leaderboard rankings
- Smart Notifications - See your text, email and call Notifications from your iPhone 4s or later while riding
- Bike-Specific Navigation -Navigate the best cycling roads with preloaded maps and points of interest (POIs). Round-trip Routing makes it easy to explore new roads, and Route Planner allows you to create routes using the map or POIs directly on the device
- Includes: Edge 1000, extended out-front mount, standard mount, preloaded maps, tether, USB cable, manuals