If it’s been years since you've ridden and you want to give it another go, or you’ve wanted to try riding but opted out because you thought bikes were uncomfortable, the Detour 2 Step Thru will change your mind and give you confidence on two wheels. Soon you’ll be rolling out of the garage at a moment’s notice to hit the park with your kids, going for a pedal on the bike path just for the fun of it, and transporting yourself to school or work quickly and comfortably. This bike prizes comfort with a focus on function, delivering the best of both worlds — a comfortable upright riding position plus narrower tires and larger rims for efficient, longer distance city riding and commuting. Made with a rack- and fender-ready aluminum frame and fork, the Detour 2 Step Thru is lightweight yet prepared to haul both you and your gear. The Shimano EZ Fire Plus 8-speed trigger shifters offer 24 gears without ever having to move your hands, and the spring-loaded comfort saddle, no slip pedals and comfort grips will keep all your contact points with the bike comfy and happy. Distance, durability, comfort, quality, and great value all come together in the Detour 2 Step Thru.
- The 6061 Aluminum True Comfort Step Thru Frame makes for lighter weight, a more comfortable upright riding position, and easy on/off
- Shimano EZ Fire Plus 8-speed shifters offer smooth shifting
- The Raleigh Comfort saddle with big springs makes for a soft and comfy upright ride
- Tetra 837 Alloy V-Brake provide great leverage and stopping power
- Wide Vie Tire Co. Easy Street 700x42c tires offer stability and safety without sacrificing efficiency